Does the person you love…..
• Threaten to hurt or kill you or your children?
• Put you down in public or keep you from contacting family or friends?
• Control where you go, who you talk to, and how you spend money?
• Throw, push, hit, choke, kick, or slap you?
• Say it’s your fault, promise it won’t happen again—but then it does?
• Force you to have sex when you don’t want to”
• If any of this is happening to you, you are being abused.
Plan Your Safety - Be prepared…
• Know where you can get help. Keep a list of important phone numbers (police, domestic violence hotline, hospital) with you.
• Plan with your children. Identify a safe place for them (room with a lock, neighbor’s house. Let them know that their job is to stay safe, not to protect you.
• Arrange a signal with a neighbor for when you need help. Example: if the porch light is on—there is trouble and you need help.
• Prepare an emergency kit that you can get quickly. (you may want to keep it at a trusted friend’s/neighbor’s house.)
We assist victims of domestic violence. We welcome anyone who needs services.
Remember you are not alone. We are here to help. We are a committed group of people who believe in the resiliency of the human spirit and the ability of individuals to control their own lives. We are just a phone call away. Please call us at (570) 748-9509 or (570) 923-2270 PA Relay Service 1-800-654-5984.